* The Senior Broadcast Engineer is responsible for the management and quality of work of all Broadcast Engineers on Outside Broadcast and Studio projects, and also performs the role of Broadcast Engineer.
* Reviews the Project Plans produced by the Technical Managers to ensure that the specifications are correct and will allow the Broadcast Engineers to deliver the Customer??s production requirements.
* Discusses projects with the relevant Technical Manager and allocated BE to ensure there is a clear understanding of the Customer??s requirements.
* Works with the Technical Manager, Audio /Comms Technician and other crew as required on the technical & operational configuration of the OB or Studio control unit and must be fully aware of the operational & technical factors at the venue or the studio that will affect the successful set up.
* Assists the TM and ACT to ensure that the OB or Studio control unit is, at the commencement and at the end of each project, fully prepared to deliver Customer expectations is under the direction of the TM and must recognise that during the execution of the project the TM has the authority to make decisions to ensure the final product is as the Customer requires.
* Monitors the performance of Audio/Comms Technicians and identify training requirements.
* Maintain, operate, setup and support baseband Studio / Outside Broadcast/Production systems.
* Recover Production systems under failure conditions and return the station to stable operation
* Liaise with studio operations for the transmission of satellite/studio ??LIVE & RECORDING Productions.
* Liaise with telco and support the fiber link connection between Outdoor Productions Venus and Astro transmission centre.
* Perform diagnostics, troubleshooting, routine and preventive maintenance of Productions and other technical equipment in a High Definition Productions Systems.
* Responsible for broadcast and studio equipment analysis and solve problems with video, audio, studio equipment, cameras, digital switchers, digital routers, various digital
VTRs, Replay Servers, post-production, and non-linear editing systems.
* Produce, compile and update statistics and manage AutoCAD drawings and engineering documentation.
* Define technical solutions and alternatives to meet no downtime on Production systems
* Perform other tasks as assigned.
* Degree/Diploma in Electronic/Electrical Engineering, or related disciplines.
* 6 - 8 years’ experience service in a technical environment at a local TV station, cable/satellite channel or other industry-related activity working as a Maintenance Support.
* Engineer in a live television studio, post-production or broadcast facility
* Experience in Production based Systems/Applications, EVS Replay System, Sony Vision Mixers, HD Video Router & HD Baseband, HD Sony Cameras and 5.1 Audio Mixer a strong plus.
* Knowledge of disaster recovery systems and procedures
* Technical proficiency and ability to understand complex products/architectures and System Layouts.
* Working knowledge of PC hardware, Windows and networking protocols.
• Willing to work shift hours on Ad-hoc basis and on off-days
• Able to work effectively under pressure in a team environment
• An interest in technology and learning more about software operations
• Demonstrated strong troubleshooting/diagnostics development skills
• Able to understand failure mechanisms of complex computer based systems
• Effectively apply communication skills to build and maintain internal relationships
• Knowledge of Networking applications, and system drawings, e.g. Visio, AutoCAD will be an added advantage
Sorry, this position is closed for application.
Back To Job Listing