Measat Publication shall embark on Digital Media initiatives over the next few years – with full development of websites, mobile applications, tablets versions, plus new emerging platforms.This person shall play an important role in Measat Publications’ Digital Strategy execution over the next few years.The candidate is required to assist the AVP of Technology and New Media to lead custodians of various departments and support the development and delivery of New Media(web, mobile and tablet) services of Measat Publication.
A senior level candidate is required for this role as this person shall be multitasking several functions i.e. looking at Social Media integration, video content management, managing the domains and hosting services, liaising with developers on customization work – based on sales requirements and handle a minimum of 3 websites.This candidate will also work on backend and Graphical User Interface(GUI) requirements for tablet development with the content custodians. Shall act as custodian of the new media properties on various platforms (web, mobile, tablet etc), managing its content together with the publishers and developing strategy around new content and services. Will also be involved in training and guiding staffs to embrace this new business.
The Key Objectives Roles of the candidate:
1. Assist the AVP – Technology & New Media on Digital initiatives and work hand in hand with existing product managers and sales team, and develop and shape appropriate solutions, based on business sales requirements.
2. Delivers Digital Media Projects (i.e. Web, Mobile and Tablet/ipad)andensure the day-to-day smooth running of the entire platform and content management systems.
3. To review/research technologies and explore new developments in the digital publishing landscape to find ways to more effectively deliver the business objectives. Involved in the development of mobile and tablet budgeting, BIPs and implementation on new technology solutions
4. Manages third-party suppliers and technology partners to ensure Measat Publication objectives are met and value for money is delivered.Assist the Finance and procurement department in ensuring that third party supplier/vendors are in compliance with product delivery.
5. To be responsible for improving the design, usability, content and conversion points/interactivity of the new media properties (website, mobile, tablet/ipad) and for the promotion and growth of the company’s digital properties.
6. To work with the Associate Publishers. Marketing, Sales and Integration department to plan and implement all new media activities (multiple platforms) and campaign and also brain storm new ideas.
7. Visit clients with the Associate Publishers and Sales team whenever required to provide a better understanding of our new media platform capabilities.
8. To be responsible for the smooth running and completion of projects across platforms - online advertising, social media, maximizing online sales opportunities and search marketing.
9. To supervise and train content editors and ensure that all requirements for a day to day operations are in place.
10. Involved in content creation work i.e. video shoot and production for new media usage. Will have to follow publishing team to cover events whenever necessary.
1. A technology savvy individual with more than 5 years of experience with website development and smart application devices.
2. In depth knowledge of the website operations with more than 3 years working in Website and Application Development and Operations.
3. A degree in either Engineering/ Computer Science or Web Programming
4. Strengths in translating commercial and functional requirements to new media product functions.
5. Up to date knowledge of Content Management Systems
6. Sound understanding of how new media can support a business
7. Good project management skills
8. Strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills
Interested candidates are invited to apply with latest updated CV
Sorry, this position is closed for application.
Back To Job Listing