1. To assist in planning and writing for a monthly English Language publication.
2. To attend meetings, discussions and events as assigned and/or required.
3. To actively contribute towards the development and improvement of the publication's editorial strength by, among others, contributing ideas for news, features and personality interviews, and working with the editor to plan and execute yearly and monthly editorial schedules.
4. To identify strategic content needs and continuously seek innovative ideas to stay ahead of the competition.
5. To liaise with channel partners in securing proper information and materials, especially when assigned to work on support, marketing- and sales-related content.
6. To assist in maintaining and enhancing the readership of the publication, including (but not limited to) writing, updating and maintaining the publication¿s web and social networking sites.
7. To assist the editor in liaising with and managing all external contributors when required.
8. To assist the editor in numerous editorial administrative tasks.
9. To ensure that all stipulated deadlines are strictly met.
a) Degree/diploma in Mass Communication, preferably majoring in Journalism.
b) Excellent spoken and written English Language skills.
c) A well-mannered and disciplined professional.
d) Ideally familiar with or have a finger on the pulse of what appeals to young, urban men, and translating those ideas into highly informative and visually stunning editorials and advertorials.
e) Prompt to work and to events/assignments; well-mannered and professional.
f) Good networking and communication skills.
g) Able to multitask in a fast-paced environment, often within very tight deadlines.
h) Able to interact with people of all levels and backgrounds.
i) Resourceful and creative when faced with challenging situations.
j) Must be prepared to work irregular and/or long hours, especially in instances where crucial deadlines must be met or when attendance or coverage of events is required.
k) Must be aware of issues which are politically- and culturally-sensitive to Malaysians. Must also be sensitive to the ever-changing local and international media environment and be able to identify editorial which will enhance the value of the publication.
l) Able to work under pressure independently with minimum supervision, yet a good team player.
Interested applicants are invited to apply online with latest updated CV.
Sorry, this position is closed for application.
Back To Job Listing