Responsible for managing financial and operational reviews, investigations and other ad-hoc assignments to achieve Corporate Assurance’s Charter objectives and to ensure that review work conforms to the professional standards for Internal Auditing promulgated by the Institute of Internal Auditors.
• Perform tasks in accordance with IIA standards and comply with organizational and IIA Code of Ethics
• Directs independent and objective evaluations of all activities to appraise the:
• effectiveness of internal controls reflected in policies, procedures and practices
• degree to which management practices are conducted in an efficient and economic manner and the extent to which operations conform to internal policies and external legal and regulatory requirements.
• Manages a comprehensive review program to:
• Identify risk areas, develop Strategic Review Plans and detailed review / investigation / programs, document work done and conclusions reached; identify issues / concerns / improvement opportunities and propose risk mitigation / elimination recommendations.
• Motivates, mentors and provides training/coaching, as well as performance reviews to audit staff.
• Review and discusses preliminary/final reports with Management at the conclusion of audits and recommends solutions required to minimise exposures arising from control or other deficiencies or optimise effectiveness / effectiveness of area reviewed.
• Reviews, approves and monitors time budgets and progress of reviews. Investigates / reports all material variances and apprises the VP, CA on the progress of each assignment periodically.
• Contributes to systems studies, investigations and other special projects with the aim of enhancing controls and efficiency in technological, financial and operational areas.
• Oversee the preparation the relevant reports to communicate findings to senior management and the Audit Committee.
• Co-ordination with external auditors on reliance to be placed by them on CA work and seek input from them as part of annual/quarterly review planning.
• Participates in recruiting, inducting, motivating, training, evaluating and counseling subordinates.
• Performs Quality Control Review by reviewing work done by individual teams to ensure that these adhere to expected technical and reporting standards.
• Acts as business partner to the Group.
Demonstrates knowledge of emerging business / audit issues in providing process improvements / solutions to the organisation.
Serves as a resource person on whom others can rely for guidance.
• Develops and maintains professional relationships both within and outside the organisation.
• Researches on:
• new audit techniques to enhance the quality and effectiveness of reviews.
• use of technology based tools to improve coverage and effectiveness.
• Researches, develops and maintains the Group Corporate Assurance Manual to ensure consistency and continuity in standards of acceptable performance on technical and procedural activities
• Degree in either business, computer science and/or accounting/ finance
• Min 8 year’s of experience in auditing either within the accounting profession and/or industry/commerce
• Professional membership of IIA, Accountancy or other professional bodies
• Exposure in broadcasting / media related industries will be an added advantage
• Certified Internal Auditor/ Certified Fraud Examiner
• Experience in conducting training for internal auditors
• Able to work independently and multi task and provide pro-active assistance
• Good planning, organisational and communication skills
Interested applicants are invited to apply online with latest
Sorry, this position is closed for application.
Back To Job Listing