1. Responsible and accountable for architecture of database systems for broadcast business system within Astro content platforms in AABC and the CBC broadcast centres
2. Work with the SAVP of Broadcast Business Systems to make the best possible recommendation and decision on technology and architecture selection for database related structure and application.
3. Ensure the implementation of systems is in accordance to industry standards and best practices.
4. Ensure project related activities are carried out on-time, within budget and achieve a high quality end result, providing systems that are resilient to failure.
5. Manage the design, development, implementation, integration and maintenance of database systems for broadcast operations and workflow:
a. Managing third-party development team
b. Coordination and interaction with end-users
c. Determine application requirement for data access, transaction rates, volume analysis, growth projection and other pertinent data requirement.
d. Determine the most efficient data structure to maintain an integrated database and applications
e. Analyse and manage the maintenance of database and applications
f. Development of reporting tools and manages report analysis and integrity
g. Identifies data sources, construct, flow and maintain documentation for the all processes
h. Advise and support other projects that are dependant directly or indirectly with database usage
6. Manage the design, development, implementation, integration and maintenance of systems interfaces for the application of content meta:
a. Managing integration and testing of systems for content meta flow
b. Review, analyse and recommend the best way data can be used by various products on various delivery platforms
c. Coordination and interaction with other internal systems stakeholders during design and implementation stage, such as CRM, billing, SSO, AMS etc.
d. Coordination and interaction with external content meta system or service providers during design and implementation stage, such as content metadata feed, social network feed and user profiling feed
e. Research and recommend the most suitable and effective interface protocols and standards
f. Maintain and update database system design and data structure reference documentation and diagrams
7. Prepare and manage financial budget for activities related to broadcast database system setup and maintenance or upgrade
8. Maintain close ties with users, especially within business unit operations, to quickly identify and resolve their ongoing database change management or improvement requirements
9. Keep abreast with industry trends and to provide appropriate and cost-effective database architecture and operations solutions.
1. Formal tertiary Degree, in Engineering majoring in IT, Networking, DB or Software Development.
2. Minimum of 8 years experience in a large IT or software development organization. 3 of those years working in database architecture related projects
3. Database solution programming/project experience
4. Productivity software usage
5. Project management tools
6. Presentation tools
7. Very good command of spoken and written English and Bahasa Malaysia
Interested applicants are invited to apply online with latest updated CV.
Sorry, this position is closed for application.
Back To Job Listing