|Head, Accounting & Financial Reporting
|Subang Hi-Tech, Shah Alam
|Wednesday, July 25, 2012
|Wednesday, August 08, 2012
- Your Responsibilities:
- Provide advice on all accounting-related matters and resulting potential financial implications flowing there-from to the DiGi Management team and other key stakeholders within the Company.
- Close the books, and report both financial and non-financial information (and its related disclosures) both internally and externally in an accurate, complete and timely manner.
- Build and maintain a reliable and solid foundation in terms of the end-to-end financial close process.
- Liaison and co-ordination with various parties, not limited to local auditors, various parties within the Telenor Group, respective accounting associations and bodies, related governing and regulatory bodies, i.e. Bursa Securities, Department of Statistics, Malaysia, etc.
- Attract, effectively manage, act as a final point of review of key deliverables within the Accounting & Financial Reporting Section, coach, develop, motivate, mentor, groom, periodically assess their performance (and re-direct them accordingly, where necessary) and retain accounting staff of sound knowledge and fundamentals, high calibre, who constantly strive towards their ambition, developmental and improvement needs, and have the drive to constantly add value to the end-to-end financial close process and the Company in general.
- Your Critical Interfaces:
- In this role, you will have the following critical interfaces :
- Critical internal interfaces within our section and within BPR/Finance
- o Business Performance Management, Accounting and Financial Reporting. Finance Partner Technology
- Critical interfaces with other DiGi divisions and externally
- o DiGi Management Team (top management)
- o Division/department heads and management teams
- o Operational Efficiency team
- o Regulators and external consultants
- We want you if you are:
- Strong fundamentals in areas of accounting and reporting, backed with good knowledge and application experience of MFRS, IFRS and GAAP.
- High degree of professional skepticism.
- Analytical and business mind-set, to couple with sound accounting knowledge.
- Ability to multi-task, and resilience to pressure and stress.
- Disciplined towards achievement of timelines, without compromise in quality.
- Proven leadership and managerial skills/credentials.
- Strong command of English language (spoken and written).
- Strong communication, presentation and interpersonal skills are a plus!
- Your Merits:
- Accounting-related degree with a University of appropriate recognition and stature (to support the substance of the results transcript achieved and obtained).
- Chartered Accountant with an Association/Body as recognised by MIA, i.e. MICPA, ICAEW, ACCA, ICAA, CPA Australia, etc.
- Minimum audit experience in a Big-4 Accounting Firm of 8 years, preferably with a majority in relation to telecommunications-related clients/engagements - subsequent commercial experience in related industry/ies is a plus!
- Minimum five years of related managerial experience.
If your profile meets our requirements, please apply through www.digi.com.my/careers.
Back to Job Listing
Sorry, this position is closed for application.