|Implementation Engineer (Permitting) Outside Plant – Fiber Optic
|Subang Hi-Tech,Shah Alam
|Tuesday, July 31, 2012
|Thursday, August 23, 2012
- You’re Responsibilities: (What is this role all about? What does the applicant have to do?)
- • Responsible to provide daily, weekly (where deem required by PM) report for all permitting activities which includes escalation of foreseen issues and risk that may affect project deliverables.
- • Liaison with Local Authorities (LA) / Local Councils (LC) including Third Party with regards to detail route, way-leave approval and work permit approval
- • Recovering of Security Deposit (Bank Draft and Bank Guarantee) from LA / LC after 12 months warranty period
- • Initiates work authorization request and submits request with substantiating drawings and document for approval from Local Councils, Local Authorities and Third Party.
- • To obtain in time the Work Permit or WayLeave from relevant LA / LC for all the fiber optic infrastructure project.
- • To confirm LA/LC jurisdiction on the proposed route
- • To liaise with 3rd party, ie Building Owner, Site Owner and Adjacent Owner on the permission to carry out the trenching works.
- • To liaise with LA/LC to arrange for joint site survey.
- • To assist on the revision of drawings for resubmission.
- • To follow-up on the way-leave and work permit approval
- • To negotiate with LA/LC that the security deposit to be in Bank Guarantee format
- You are: (personality / competencies etc)
- We’d like to think of you as :
- • Someone with a distinctive character who is self motivated, possesses a positive attitude and a dynamic team player.
- • A proactive, a hands on and patient person
- • Someone who possesses good interpersonal skill, able to interact and communicate at all levels in the organization.
- • Highly motivated and driven to succeed.
- • Having good rapport with Local Authorities / Local Councils, One Stop Agency and other Telco & Utilities Company
- Skills, Knowledge & Abilities:
- • Familiarity with various communications outside plant engineering concepts for fiber optic.
- • Have used and able to find, read, understand and update information in a fiber management system, AutoCAD application or in MapInfo.
- • Familiarity with various communications outside plant engineering concepts for fiber optic cable.
- • Good liaison with PR skill
- Essential Functions:
- • Serve as subject matter expert in the permit scope of work for outside plant.
- • Maintain ongoing contacts with LA / LC, Consultant and Contractors to ensure timely awareness of planned road construction projects affecting outside plant.
- • Good oral and written communication
- • Having good local geographical knowledge
- • Good physical demand due to extensive travelling
- Your Merits: (these are must haves in terms of qualifications & experience & specific technical /professionals skills that you want from the applicant)
- • You will possess a Bachelor degree (with honors) in Electronics/Communications/Electrical. Without a doubt, majoring in Telecommunication Engineering would be an added advantage.
- • Minimum of 2 years experience in permitting for outside plant in the telecommunications industry.
If your profile meets our requirements, please apply through www.digi.com.my/careers.
Back to Job Listing
Sorry, this position is closed for application.