|Superintendent, Document and Management System, QAHSSE.|
|Saturday, July 14, 2012|
MISC Berhad MISC Berhad (MISC) is one of the world’s leading international shipping and maritime conglomerates. The principal businesses of MISC consist of ship owning, ship operating, other shipping related activities, owning and operating of tank terminals and offshore floating facilities as well as marine repair, marine conversion and engineering & construction works.
Through strategic partnerships and enthusiastic people-to-people relationships, MISC has helped shaped businesses all around the globe. To continue to meet and exceed the demands and expectations of our growing clientele, we are seeking suitable candidates for the following positions:
Join us today for a rewarding career
- Brief pre-joining managerial / senior sea personnel on topics related to MISC’s HSSE policies, procedures, international standards and guidelines, to achieve safe and efficient operations through out MISC’s fleet.
- Collate data and information related to the SMS and propose amendments to MISC’s SMS based on Document Change Requests (DCR), Industry Best Practices and New Developments (IMO Legislation, Government Gazettes, Shipping Notices and Classification Society Rules).
- Monitor and verify document related to ISM and SMS are maintained
- Members of ERT and provide support to the ERT Incident Commander in matters related to HSSE to facilitate management, coordination and implementation of appropriate measures during an emergency affecting MISC’s vessels, with the objective of ensuring immediate and effective response to minimize damage to property, environment and MISC’s position and image.
- Supervise the Technical Executive in monitoring the random and unannounced D&A testing onboard FMS managed vessels.
- Collate data related to SMS and assist in preparation and dissemination of meeting minutes and agenda to Company vessels and the members of HSSEC
- Investigate incidents to establish their root causes using TRIPOD investigation methodology.
- Submit investigation report, proposing necessary recommendations to prevent a recurrence, for consideration, evaluation and further action by the management
- Attend and conduct recruitment and/or promotion assessment interviews for sea personnel when required.
- Motivate, coach / train subordinates to achieve professionalism, cohesiveness, integrity and loyalty in meeting the departmental objectives.
- Maintain close working relationship and wide networking relationship with all relevant internal and external customers such as local, foreign port authorities, ISM officials, regulatory bodies, charterers to facilitate smooth and unhindered operations of the department and all vessels.
- Candidate must possess at least a Bachelor's Degree, Post Graduate Diploma or Professional Degree in Maritime Studies or equivalent.
- Certificate of Competency Deck / Engine Class 1.
- Minimum 7 years working experience in the maritime industry preferably with HSE exposure.
- Preferably Managers specializing in Quality Control/Assurance or equivalent. Job role in Quality Control/Assurance or equivalent.
For those who meet the requirements and have a strong desire to take up the challenges, please submit your application by ONLINE.Sorry, this position is closed for application.
Visit www.misc.com.my for more information on career opportunities.
Back to MISC Job Listing
MISC Berhad (278708-X)