|Superintendant, Marine Assurance, QAHSSE|
|Saturday, July 14, 2012|
MISC Berhad MISC Berhad (MISC) is one of the world’s leading international shipping and maritime conglomerates. The principal businesses of MISC consist of ship owning, ship operating, other shipping related activities, owning and operating of tank terminals and offshore floating facilities as well as marine repair, marine conversion and engineering & construction works.
Through strategic partnerships and enthusiastic people-to-people relationships, MISC has helped shaped businesses all around the globe. To continue to meet and exceed the demands and expectations of our growing clientele, we are seeking suitable candidates for the following positions:
Join us today for a rewarding career
- Execute the strategies, directions and plans Marine Assurance Department to achieve and improve the TMSA ratings and acceptance of FMS managed tanker fleet of ships by Customers (Oil Majors etc) as per FMS set targets so as to enhance the business eligibility of FMS managed ships.
- To execute the directives and plans of the Marine Assurance Dept in the act as focal point to MISC internal parties (FMS FO, FP, QHSSE-BU-SU, etc.) and external Customers (Oil Majors etc) for facilitation, responses and communication of the ships vetted and shore based management assessed/reviewed as directed by the Head of Marine Assurance.
- Assist, implement and monitor the developed, and establish methods, communication and work with the relevant departments in FMS, BUs and MISC Berhad and the shipboard management to ensure that the ships and shore based management are prepared for the vetting/assessment prior to the assessment/vetting, with the objective of enhanced opportunity for acceptance of the ships by Customers after the vetting and TMSA rating is achieved at least as per FMS set target.
- To assist in the planning and to implement the plans ensure the Corporation’s Fleet of Tanker ships (LNG, Chemical and LPG ships) acceptance by Customers are maintained suitable for employment are valid at all times.
- To assist in the planning and implement the plans of MISC/FMS shore based management reviews as per TMSA elements to monitor and ensure that the MISC/FMS shore based management practices are in compliance to meet the targets set by FMS on TMSA and provide the report and recommendations for improvement.
- To collate the relevant data and information and assist in the analysis and evaluation of the shipboard vetting and shore based management assessment results and identify the areas and recommendations for improvements.
- To implement and monitor information, data and documents management related to ship vetting and shore based management TMSA reviews are maintained, updated and easily accessible/ retrievable for verification, analysis and reviews.
- To attend onboard ships during the vetting inspections of ships by Customers when deemed required and identified critical for attendance, to enhance the opportunity for acceptance as directed by Head of Marine Assurance.
- Develop, establish, maintain, review and improve close working relationship and networking with the internal and external customers (All Oil / Chemical majors in the industry, especially the approval parties of the Customer) so as to enhance the confidence and assurance of the customers on the safe and reliable operations of MISC/FMS shipboard and shore based management.
- To assist in the development, establishing, maintaining, and improvement of department/personnel competency, capability and operational efficiency so as to operate in a cost effective manner.
- Candidate must possess at least Degree in Maritime Studies or equivalent.
- Masters Class 1 Foreign or Marine Engineer Class 1 Certificate of Competency with appropriate DCE or experience with the type of vessels involved.
- At least 7 year(s) of working experience in the related field is required for this position specializing in Quality Control/Assurance or equivalent.
- Good communication in English for both written and spoken
For those who meet the requirements and have a strong desire to take up the challenges, please submit your application by ONLINE.Sorry, this position is closed for application.
Visit www.misc.com.my for more information on career opportunities.
Back to MISC Job Listing
MISC Berhad (278708-X)