|Manager, Occupational Safety|
|Sunday, July 01, 2012|
MISC Berhad MISC Berhad (MISC) is one of the world’s leading international shipping and maritime conglomerates. The principal businesses of MISC consist of ship owning, ship operating, other shipping related activities, owning and operating of tank terminals and offshore floating facilities as well as marine repair, marine conversion and engineering & construction works.
Through strategic partnerships and enthusiastic people-to-people relationships, MISC has helped shaped businesses all around the globe. To continue to meet and exceed the demands and expectations of our growing clientele, we are seeking suitable candidates for the following positions:
Join us today for a rewarding career
- Manages and implement a Groupwide Occupational Safety program in order to provide a safe workplace for employees and to reduce work-related injuries and accidents.
- Undertake Occupational Safety studies on critical activities throughout the Group to establish existing/potential impacts and liabilities by recommending corrective measures and/or managing the improvement activities through optimising in-house resources or engaging new resources, where required.
- Evaluates group wide incident/accident statistics and defines target goals for performance and monitors for achievement of goals; recommends long-range incident/accident prevention and cost-control objectives designed to meet established goals.
- Ensure the post incident/accident management across the group in compliance to the documented procedure.
- Review and provide guidance to subsidiaries/operating units and/or JV partners on critical Occupational Safety activities including monitoring improvement activities as part of risk management.
- Implement and where required, provide guidance & support to subsidiaries/operating units on related initiatives such as campaigns to promote safety awareness.
- Implement Occupational Safety compliance programme group-wide by conducting periodic system appraisals and reviews to verify that the group’s OSH system (guidelines and practices) are consistent and aligned to the Group’s OSH policies, and benchmark and adhere to relevant international risk management and best practices and standards.
- Responsible for MISC Dayabumi Building Safety, including coordinating related initiatives and advising Management on regulatory requirements.
- Advise, monitor, improve and review the Fire & Building Safety Management for MISC Group, and act as liaison with external parties on related matters.
- Keep abreast of regulations, legislations and best practices in the industry related to Occupational Safety and advise the Group for compliance to local, national and international requirements.
- Holds Bachelor's Degree in Occupational Safety/Industrial Engineering/Safety related field.
- Has minimum 5 years experience in HSE or Operational Environment.
- Experience in administering a safety program and exposure in oil & gas and maritime industries is an added advantage.
For those who meet the requirements and have a strong desire to take up the challenges, please submit your application by ONLINE.Sorry, this position is closed for application.
Visit www.misc.com.my for more information on career opportunities.
Back to MISC Job Listing
MISC Berhad (8178-H)