|Engineer Superintendent, LNG Business|
|Saturday, July 14, 2012|
MISC Berhad (MISC) is one of the world’s leading international shipping MISC Berhad (MISC) is one of the world’s leading international shipping and maritime conglomerates. The principal businesses of MISC consist of ship owning, ship operating, other shipping related activities, owning and operating of tank terminals and offshore floating facilities as well as marine repair, marine conversion and engineering & construction works.
Through strategic partnerships and enthusiastic people-to-people relationships, MISC has helped shaped businesses all around the globe. To continue to meet and exceed the demands and expectations of our growing clientele, we are seeking suitable candidates for the following positions:
- Responsible for providing overall technical support and advice to the ships’ management team to ensure safe, reliable and efficient operation of the ship and plans, organize and monitor and monitors the periodical dry-docking and repair of the ship(s) at the ship repair yard and through regular liaison with the ships’ masters, ensures the vessels’ certificates are in good order and the vessels’ seaworthiness are maintained.
- Responsible in ensuring smooth and safe cargo discharging operations at the nominated Japanese and whenever needed at Korean LNG Receiving Terminals through Superintendents ship-visits to confirm ship/shore compatibility and attend ship/shore and hold shipboard meetings.
- To assist Master in addressing incidents effecting discharging operations and manage their closures via close liaison with Fleet LNG Operations in Headquarter through appropriately structured reports to concerned parties.
- Share with the Marine Manager in being responsible in carrying out ship-shore interface studies for new ship/new terminals, especially those involving the Aman Class LNG Vessels to ensure compatibility between ship and LNG terminals for safe berthing, loading or discharging operations and maintaining proper documentations of all agreed data for references including regular updating.
- Responsible for the technical operations aspects in the Technical Management of the Aman Class LNG Vessels including the administration of Safety Management System in close liaison with Headquarters’ Fleet LNG Operations and HSSE departments to ensure the requirements of the Document of Compliance are met.
- Responsible for planning, organizing and controlling the technical operations budget of LNG vessels under his supervision which involve the proper supply of spare parts, consumable stores, survey, repair, maintenance and schedule dry dockings.
- Responsible for continued establishment of good relationship with Japanese, Malaysian and where applicable, Korean Maritime Authorities and attend to all matters related to safety of operations.
- Ensure all recommendations by Fleet Health, Safety, Security and Environment (HSSE), Ship Management Audit (SMA), Fleet Vetting and Charterers’ Vetting are promptly attended to and closed within the agreed period and to coordinate and liaise with concerned departments in Kuala Lumpur for organizing Management Review and technical audits for interested parties.
- Provide assistance to the General Manager in the coordinating with local authorities, interested parties and Kuala Lumpur Headquarter in planning contingency exercise and emergency response for the office and the Aman Class LNG Vessels.
- Manage and maintain close working relationships with all relevant internal and external customers such as Business Units, Regulatory Bodies including Japanese Coast Guards and Port Authority, Charterer (MLNG), JV Partner (NYK), Professional Societies like SIGTTO, Gas Technology Institute etc. to gather trade information and keeping abreast with forthcoming legislations.
- Coordinate with Kuala Lumpur HQ in the preparation, organization and implementation of the computerized planned maintenance system and ensures the system’s effective operation of the Maintenance and Procurement modules.
- Candidate must possess at least a Bachelor's Degree, Post Graduate Diploma or Professional Degree in Engineering (Marine) or equivalent.
- Professional Class 1 Marine Engineer certificates of Competency (Steamship)
- Preferably with at least 5 years of work experience in the LNG Shipping Industry - Shipboard or Ship Construction with at least 3 years at managerial position in LNG Fleet Management and/or Business Units ashore.
For those who meet the requirements and have a strong desire to take up the challenges, please submit your application by ONLINE.Sorry, this position is closed for application.
Visit www.misc.com.my for more information on career opportunities.
Back to MISC Job Listing
MISC Berhad (278708-X)