|Superintendent Dry Docking, Fleet Management Services|
|Wednesday, August 01, 2012|
MISC Berhad (MISC) is one of the world’s leading international shipping MISC Berhad (MISC) is one of the world’s leading international shipping and maritime conglomerates. The principal businesses of MISC consist of ship owning, ship operating, other shipping related activities, owning and operating of tank terminals and offshore floating facilities as well as marine repair, marine conversion and engineering & construction works.
Through strategic partnerships and enthusiastic people-to-people relationships, MISC has helped shaped businesses all around the globe. To continue to meet and exceed the demands and expectations of our growing clientele, we are seeking suitable candidates for the following positions:
Join us today for a rewarding career
- Ensure and recommend the Dry Docking Rulebook is reviewed periodically, updated, amendments duly monitored and approved for distribution.
- Recommend Dry-Docking schedule requirements to Fleet Operations and ensure Dry-Docking preparation stages are undertaken n line with the business operational requirements to meet with the agreed and approved schedule for docking.
- Ensure vessels’ standard Dry-Docking specifications are kept up-to-date for easy retrieval and future reference.
- Conduct analysis on actual Dry-Docking specifications and discuss with Fleet Operations on additional Dry-Docking and ensure the list is fully incorporated in the final specifications for submission in a tender.
- Provide assistance to maintain tariffs that have been agreed with the shipyards during renewal of Shipyard Agreement period.
- Provide assistance in exploring new opportunities in entering price agreements with identified suitable shipyards.
- Attend to Dry-Docking acceptance at shipyards towards the end of vessels’ docking to ensure Dry-Docking has been conducted in accordance with the specifications set.
- Conduct evaluation on paint specification prepared by Fleet Operations and ensure necessary arrangements are taken to meet the Dry Docking timeline.
- Provide support to Fleet Operations superintendents on managing, monitoring and reporting Post Dry-Docking Defects.
- Perform bill settlement function in accordance with the process specified in Dry-Docking Rule Book and in line with the Service Agreement, terms and tariffs.
- Assist MDDC secretariat function including documentations and follow-up actions on decision of meetings.
- Supervise preparation of MDDC papers and approval papers and sign them off for reviews and approvals accordingly.
- Conduct periodic shipyard performance evaluation based on agreed set of parameters
- Provide a comprehensive technical and industry status report for management’s consideration.
- Candidate must possess at least a Bachelor's Degree or Professional Degree in Engineering (Marine) or equivalent.
- Class 1 Certificate of Competency in Marine Engineering or Nautical Studies
- 10 years experience in ship operations and minimum 5 years served as Superintendents
- Preferably Managers specializing in Engineering - Others or equivalent. Job role in Marine/Naval Engineer or equivalent.
For those who meet the requirements and have a strong desire to take up the challenges, please submit your application by ONLINE.Sorry, this position is closed for application.
Visit www.misc.com.my for more information on career opportunities.
Back to MISC Job Listing
MISC Berhad (278708-X)