|Manager Technical Operations|
|Friday, August 31, 2012|
MISC Berhad (MISC) is one of the world’s leading international shipping MISC Berhad (MISC) is one of the world’s leading international shipping and maritime conglomerates. The principal businesses of MISC consist of ship owning, ship operating, other shipping related activities, owning and operating of tank terminals and offshore floating facilities as well as marine repair, marine conversion and engineering & construction works.
Through strategic partnerships and enthusiastic people-to-people relationships, MISC has helped shaped businesses all around the globe. To continue to meet and exceed the demands and expectations of our growing clientele, we are seeking suitable candidates for the following positions:
- Monitor, manage, appraise and benchmarking 3rd Party and Fleet Management Services Ship Technical Managers’ technical operational performance to ensure vessels are maintained in compliance with all technical standards of the Company in alignment with statutory, class and charter party requirements to maximize the commercial utilization of the assets.
- Responsible for the safe and efficient operation of vessels, monitoring performance to ensure vessels’ availability, safety and reliability to meet business requirements.
- Plan, manage and monitor budgetary performance and ensure cost effective management of vessels.
- Plan & monitor maintenance & repair of cargo tank repair and refurbishment activities including its costing and scheduling to ensure its suitability at all times to meet Charter Party’s (CP) and industry standard whilst complying with local and International regulations such as Federation of Oils, Seeds, and Fats Associations (FOSFA) & European Union (EU) Rules.
- Provide technical advice to commercial Operations, Post Fixture, Chartering, Ship’s Master and Fleet Operations in times of crisis on the best way to manage a problem involving contamination, spillage, and pollution. Monitor progress of vessel voyage and contactable at all times.
- Conduct technical assessment and provide technical and operational input where required for projects including Newbuildings contract, purchase of 2nd hand vessels and in-charter vessel. Conduct inspection of vessels where necessary.
- Class 1 Certificate of Competency (COC) Marine Engineer / First Class Chief Engineer Certificate of Competency
- Minimum of 3 years shore-based working experience as Chemical Tanker Operations Superintendent.
- Substantial sea-service experience in a Senior Engineer position onboard Chemical Tanker for a minimum of 3 years.
For those who meet the requirements and have a strong desire to take up the challenges, please submit your application by ONLINE.Sorry, this position is closed for application.
Visit www.misc.com.my for more information on career opportunities.
Back to MISC Job Listing
MISC Berhad (278708-X)