|Manager Manning Operation (LNG Vessel)|
|Wednesday, September 26, 2012|
MISC Berhad (MISC) is one of the world’s leading international shipping and maritime conglomerates. The principal businesses of MISC consist of ship owning, ship operating, other shipping related activities, owning and operating of tank terminals and offshore floating facilities as well as marine repair, marine conversion and engineering & construction works.
Through strategic partnerships and enthusiastic people-to-people relationships, MISC has helped shaped businesses all around the globe. To continue to meet and exceed the demands and expectations of our growing clientele, we are seeking suitable candidates for the following positions:
- Develop and review MISC’s Fleet Manning Strategies in providing competent and qualified officers and rating to manage MISC’s LNG fleet vessels to suit MISC business expectation, Local and international Maritime Authorities requirement.
- Establish adequate number Fleet LNG manpower planning to achieve smooth operational obligation for maximum vessel’s utilizations.
- Implement, develop and manage career progression scheme for sea staff of various disciplines to ensure their long term employment and commitment to serve LNG Fleet.
- Implement, coordinate and monitor the LNG Fleet Malaysianization programme with the objective to reduce dependency on expatriates, in line with the government’s aspiration to make Malaysia as a regional maritime hub.
- Establish and control sea staff discipline through strict enforcement of disciplinary procedure and structured briefing prior joining and ship visit also develop and produce highly demand leaders.
- Prepare and execute the approved annual and forecast manpower budget and ensure that automated integrated systems are being utilized effectively and efficiently to facilitate the administration of crew service, sea staff data and shipboard movement for LNG Fleet.
- Develop and maintain close relationships with internal parties such as LNG Fleet Operations, Divisional Controllers, Business Units, Vetting, Audit departments and external parties such as regulatory bodies, manning agents, port agents and training providers to facilitate the provision of efficient and effective ship manning services.
- Develop, motivate, coach and train subordinates to achieve professionalism, cohesiveness, integrity and loyalty in meeting the departmental and divisional objectives.
- Candidate must possess at least a Bachelor's Degree, Post Graduate Diploma or Professional Degree in Human Resource Management, Maritime Studies or equivalent.
- At least 8 year(s) of working experience in the related field is required for this position.
- Experience in Fleet Manning will be added advantage.
For those who meet the requirements and have a strong desire to take up the challenges, please submit your application by ONLINE.Sorry, this position is closed for application.
Visit www.misc.com.my for more information on career opportunities.
Back to MISC Job Listing
MISC Berhad (278708-X)