Since its establishment in 1975, the AmBank Group has emerged as a leading banking group in Malaysia offering an extensive range of financial services to a broad range of clients in meeting both their strategic and financial objectives. Our services include investment banking, business banking, retail banking, treasury & markets business, broking, insurance, fund management, offshore banking, futures and options trading.
At AmBank Group, challenges are what we thrive on. Come discover the world of opportunities with us.
- Act as liaison between Compliance, Risk Management, Organization & Methods and Retail Collections Department
- Assist the Head Of Department with compliance, risk and operational matters, cultivating a compliance and risk-oriented culture within the department, and ensuring that all staff are trained in relation to applicable rules and procedures in their respective areas of specialisation
- Assist in identifying, investigating, handling and resolving regulatory and operational non-compliances
- Disseminate information and policies/procedures to staff on matters received from Compliance and Risk and pertaining to AML/CFT (Anti Money Laundering/Counter Financing of Terrorism) received from AML Compliance Officer
- Be a reference point for staff with issues/questions on compliance, operational and risk matters
- Ensure that all staff within the department have been trained and are familiar with the respective rules/internal policies relevant to the department
- Ensure adherence to the Compliance Monitoring & Reporting System, which includes: setting-up compliance procedures, monitoring adherence, reporting on compliance matters and identifying/handling non-compliances
- Provide day-to-day guidance to staff regarding compliance with the Anti-Money Laundering Framework, which includes: assisting in detecting/recognising and monitoring suspicious transactions, ensuring that reporting procedures are observed and reviewing transaction monitoring reports
- Report suspicious transactions to the AML Compliance Officer at Head Office, and ensure the secrecy of all cases reported to the Head Office
- Ensure customer due diligence requirements are complied with, and assist in detecting and monitoring of suspicious transactions
- Ensure compliance with the ACT, GP1 on Standard Guidelines on AML/CFT, AML/CFT Sectoral Guidelines 1 for Banking and Financial Institutions and AML/CFT Sectoral Guidelines 9 for Electronic Money Issuers (if applicable) at all times
- Bachelors degree, post graduate diploma or professional degree in Business Studies/Administration/Management, Finance/Accountancy/Banking, Law or equivalent
- Minimum 1 year compliance/audit experience with knowledge of regulatory guidelines/policies, preferably from a financial institution
- Attentive to details and possesses investigative nature
- Able to work independently
- Able to communicate effectively with all levels of personnel
- Has strong report writing and research skills to address compliance obligations
- Consulting experience is an added advantage
Interested candidates are invited to apply online.
Sorry, this position is closed for application.
Back To Job Listing
AmBank (M) Berhad (8515-D)