1st CLASS OPPORTUNITIES FROM THE WORLD’S BEST AIRPORT
Malaysia Airports is an established public-listed company primarily involved in the management, operation and maintenance as well as provision of airport related services to the majority of airports in Malaysia with KLIA being the flagship. As a dominant player with high ambition, we understand that it is the cumulative knowledge, expertise and talents of our people, which will lead us to future success. As such, we place great emphasis on our human capital to meet the challenges and demands of the present and future environment.
- Execute the Airport Fire Rescue Services (AFRS) operational team and ensures in-shift administration concerning (safety, discipline, service, welfare, etc.) complies to company rules and regulations
- Lead the rescue and fire fighting operation at aircraft accidents/incidents at klia2 and other emergencies at the airport and make decisions under pressure towards resolving a situation, which requires speed and decisiveness, with the primary objective of saving lives
- Assume initial command and control at structural incident/accidents at the airport pending the arrival of relevant authorities
- Ensure that relevant standards, procedures and operational practices are adhered to by the AFRS operation under his command to ensure compliance to international and national standards (ICAO, ISO, etc.)
- Manage and monitor discipline of his personnel and be accountable for their human performance management results
- Manage daily inter-shift schedule (fire vehicle, equipment and fire station maintenance) ensuring that these duties and responsibilities are carried out on schedule and according to AFRS procedures
- Train his personnel by conducting in-shift training sessions (lectures, exercises and drills) to motivate and enhance their knowledge, skill and efficiency related to rescue and fire fighting and other functions relevant to the service
- Enforce AFRS Rating Standard programme, to ensure fitness of personnel under his command, to enable them to perform strenuous rescue and fire fighting duties
- Ensure that his men are thoroughly familiar with the aerodrome topography and layout of buildings at klia2 to facilitate rapid deployment during emergencies at the airport
- Degree, preferably in applied science (Chemistry & Physics), Engineering, Management and Sports Science with a minimum of 2 years working experience in Supervisory role
- Basic fire fighting certificate from Malaysia Airports Training Centre (MATC) or Jabatan Bomba dan Penyelamat Malaysia or other international certificate which is related to this field
- Knowledge of all national and international regulations of fire services
- Possess high knowledge and understanding of all national and international regulations relate to fire services
Please be reminded that only online application will be entertained.
Applications should reach us no later than 3 August 2012.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.